Wednesday, March 16, 2011

醋炒马铃薯和肉丝

I first tasted this dish which my mother-in-law cooked sometimes back. Initially I does not realised is potato as the texture is still full of crunch after cooking! I did not ask her the proportion of the seasoning, I just adjust the taste while I stir-fry this dish :D But one tip I got from her is to rinse the grated potatoes several time till the water runs clear. This will remove the excess starch and will not cause the potato to be mushy after cooking.


Before adding in the chilli padi, I dish up one portion for my boy! :D
Ingredient
  • 3 russet potatoes
  • 200gm pork fillet
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp ginger, grated
  • 2 chilli padi, chopped (optional)
  • 4 tbsp dark vinegar
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Method
  1. Slice pork fillet into fine strips. Marinate with grated ginger, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1 tsp chinese wine, 1/3 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside.
  2. Fill a pan with 4 cups water & 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Mix evenly.
  3. Peel potatoes & grate coarsely over the pan of water.
  4. Drain away liquid. Rinse grated potatoes 3-4 times till water runs clear. Place grated potatoes over a sieve and let it drain dry.
  5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan. Add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add in marinate pork and fry for 2 mins.
  6. Add in grated potatoes and mix evenly. Stir fry for 3mins. Add in seasoning and mix evenly. Adjust taste accordingly. If you like it more sour, add some more dark vinegar. Stir in chilli padi if you want it spicy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails